Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
Poetry Voting System
At the conclusion of each of the poems that I've written (you can read all of these poems for free on my website by clicking around here), I have Yes/No or Like/Dislike buttons for voting on the question "Do you like this poem?" or "Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read" that readers can choose to select after they read a poem. The voting is voluntary and anonymous. The only results saved to a database are the poem and the cumulative number of Yes/No or Like/Dislike votes. The database is backed up regularly to prevent bad actors or bots that attempt to make the votes inaccurate.
After the vote is cast, the reader is presented with the cumulative results for Yes/No or Like/Dislike voting on that poem. For example
The database can be queried to list the Top X Liked and Disliked poems. I decided to list the top 10 of each. Occasionally checking in on the database and the Top 10 Liked poems and Top 10 Disliked poems lists helps me gauge reader interest and see what topics and methods work. This query (shown below) is live, and you can click a link to go to that poem. Note that as of 5/2022, I have the voting active for all pages on Statisticool.com, not just for the poems.
Top 10 Liked Pages on Statisticool.com:
Top 10 Disliked Pages on Statisticool.com:
What can other things we can do to help improve our poetry?
Thanks for reading.
Much of the code for recording the votes and querying the database was written by Mahlon Smith.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
For poetry, I recommend:
- High Quality Every Day Carry (EDC) Bolt Action Pens & Pencils by Bastion. Use discount code JS20 to get 20% off!
- Shop at The Poet Life store
Please show me a randomly selected poem
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!