Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
Experimental Poetry 11
This experimental poem splits words in random places.
To illustrate this idea, I use my Haiku 305
powerful wind gusts slip through the windowsill cracks winter inside me
Now consider the effect of splitting each word (or not) at random places.
First, I have a parameter that is set to between 0 and 1, call it k. I then assign each word in the poem a random number between 0 and 1, call it ri. If ri >= k, then that word will get randomly split. The smaller you make k, the more words in the poem will be split.
The way the random split works is, first I get the length of the word, Li. Then I split the word at randbetween(1,Li). I then use the left() and mid() functions and concatenate to put the pieces together.
Here are some examples:
pow erful wi nd gu sts sl ip th rough th e wind owsill c racks win ter ins ide m e
powe rful wi nd gus ts s lip thro ugh the win dowsill cr acks wint er i nside m e
Check out the random splitting spreadsheet here. You are free to edit it as needed, but please credit Statisticool.com if you use this idea.
Thanks for reading.
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
For poetry, I recommend:
- High Quality Every Day Carry (EDC) Bolt Action Pens & Pencils by Bastion. Use discount code JS20 to get 20% off!
- Shop at The Poet Life store
Please show me a randomly selected poem
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!