Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive news and updates
Experimental Poetry 17
This experimental poetry idea could be categorized as "Freeverse" and maybe even "Found", with a pinch of "nonsensical". The idea is to take a very well-known poem or song, and change the words, characters, names, objects, professions, etc., but still have the source be familiar to the reader.
For example, consider the Bible verse John 3:16
for God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life
Now consider one of my "remix" John 3:16, Freeverse 174
for God so shyly veted the sexuality that She accentuated Her sweet ghostly Form that whosoever denigrateth in Her shall not be haunted but have cautious habits
Here are some other examples of this type of experimental poetry form.
Jack and Jill and my Freeverse 17:
Pogiv and Yaxi took a taxi to persue some okra; Pogiv dug in with solidified concentration but Yaxi tossed them like a judoka.
There was a farmer who had a dog and my Freeverse 181:
There was a poet who had a struggle, And Zurfa was her name-A. Z-U-R-F-A! Z-U-R-F-A! Z-U-R-F-A! And Zurfa was her name-A!
Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe and my Freeverse 179:
aufy, vaufy, vabe, vue wreck a globe by the blue if she disappears let us stew aufy, vaufy, vabe, vue
Yankee Doodle and my Freeverse 177:
Cavob went to Mars straddling on a gong tugged a tail on her alpaca and called it Mao Zedong
These types of poems can be randomly generated, non-randomly generated, or as I like, computer assisted (i.e., generate many realizations and take what is good, generate some more, take what is good, etc., and then edit as needed).
Thanks for reading!
Please anonymously VOTE on the content you have just read:Like:
For poetry, I recommend:
- High Quality Every Day Carry (EDC) Bolt Action Pens & Pencils by Bastion. Use discount code JS20 to get 20% off!
- Shop at The Poet Life store
Please show me a randomly selected poem
If you enjoyed any of my content, please consider supporting it in a variety of ways:
- PLEASE take a moment to check out two GoFundMe fundraisers I set up. The idea is to make it possible for me to pursue my passions. My goal is to be able to create free randomized educational worksheets and create poetry on a full-time basis. THANK YOU for your support!
- Email email@example.com to sign up to receive news and updates
- Donate any amount via PayPal
- Take my Five Poem Challenge
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Visit my Amazon author page
- Buy what you need on Amazon using my affiliate link
- Follow me on Twitter here
- Buy ad space on Statisticool.com
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some links included on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the affiliate link provided I may receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you). Thank you for the support!